EXTRA-TITOLI is an information and guidance desk for foreign citizens, operational in several local areas in the Piedmont region, funded by local foundations (Compagnia di San Paolo and Fondazione CRT).
Extra-Titoli intends to value the skills of foreign citizens in order to promote their employability and integration, providing support to tackle the necessary procedures to integrate the appropriate professional skills and qualifications obtained at home.
EXTRA-TITOLI mainly deals with issues of education, labour inclusion and social integration of highly skilled migrants; more specifically, it addresses the issues of recognition of foreign qualifications and skills in Italy. However, our activities are open to Italian and foreign nationals, both EU and non-EU. Over the past several years, there has been a significant increase in the number of beneficiaries of international protection among the people accessing our services. Today, around 40% of the people we assist belong to this specific category.
At present there are Extra-Titoli guidance and information desks in Torino, Asti, Biella, Cuneo, Novara, Savigliano (CN) e Vercelli.
EXTRA-TITOLI operates in Turin since 2008.
EXTRA-TITOLI cooperates on a regular basis with education institutions (at vocational training, secondary and higher education level), Enic-Naric network, Italian ministries at central level, Embassies, and a wide network of public institutions and private and public organizations.
The kind of services offered by the EXTRA-TITOLI project are:
- orientation and information for immigrants to enhance and capitalize what acquired in the countries of origin in terms of skills and knowledge;
- information on the Italian education and vocational training system;
- the development of personal and professional projects in terms of life-long learning education and local labour market integration, including entrepreneurship;
- information on language learning opportunities and access to official certification;
- support in processes of recognition of foreign credentials or professional qualifications acquired abroad;
- support in the recognition of academic and school credits acquired abroad in those cases when a full recognition is not possible. This allows them to pursue their educational and professional paths in Italy;
- personalised career guidance which take into account specificities of the local labour market;
- information and training to staff of local services (Public employment services – PES, reception centres, etc.) on these issues.